Freitag, 26. Oktober 2012

THE OLD MAN’S DAUGHTER AND 
                                                            THE OLD WOMAN’S DAUGHTER



Once upon a time there was an old man who had a daughter but because his wife died he married an old woman who had also a daughter.
The old man’s daughter was beautiful hardworking and kind and the woman’s daughter was ugly, lazy and unkind.
Although the old man’s daughter was working in the yard all day long her step mother and her step sister were always unsatisfied.


One day the old man told his daughter to leave home:
 „My dear daughter, you know how much I love you and how much I care about you!”
I know my dear father!”
 It’s time for you to leave home and find your way to be happy!
The daughter left leaving her father in tears. 


While she was walking she met a sick dog who asked for her help:
Beautiful girl, be kind and take care of me because you never know when the day will come and I will return your kindness.
„Always my dear friend! I will take care of you!”
The girl took care of her wounds, fed her and gave her water.
The dog says:
Thank you and have a good day, my dear friend!”
While she was walking she met a sick pear tree full of cotterpilars.
The pear says:
 Beautiful girl, be kind and take care of me because you never know when the day will come and I  will return your kindness!”
Father’s daughter answers:

 Always my dear friend! I will take care of you!”  and so the girl took care of the pear tree and cleaned it.
Thank you kind girl”, says the Pear tree
 Goodbye my friend! ” and  the Father’s daughter goes on.
While she was walking she met a dried fountain.
Beautiful girl be kind and take care of me because you never know when the day will come and i will return your kindness!”

Always my dear friend, I will take care of you!”
 And so the girl took care of the fountain .
 Thank you kind girl!”
Goodbye my dear friend!”
 While she was walking she met a broken oven who asked:
„Beautiful girl be kind and take care of me because you never know when the day will come and I will return your kindness”
 Always my dear friend, I will take care of you!”
And the girl took care of the oven and fixed it.
Thank you kind girl!” says the oven.
Goodbye my dear friend!”

After having lived lots of adventures the old man’s daughter got lost into a dark forest without knowing where to head next. For her surprise she ended up into a beautiful field surrounded by flowers .Suddenly she saw a small house where she was greeted by an old and friendly woman, Saint Sunday.
Who are you beautiful girl and what are you doing so far from home? asks St.Sunday.
I am just a kind and poor girl without a mother and a father and only God knows how much I’ve been through since my birth mother died.” answers the daughter.
You poor  girl! Serve me for a day and be sure that I will pay for your kindness.”
Sure kind woman, tell me what I will have to do!”



You will have to take care of my children, bath them, feed them than bake some tiny bread not to hot not to cold to be just perfect for when I will be back from the church.”
 St. Sunday left soon as our old man’s daughter started to prepare the water for the bath, calling St. Sunday’s children.
Children, Children, come to me!” When she looked up the yard it was filled up with fierced creatures.Being a brave girl and not being afraid of them she took care of St .Sunday’s children with kindness and love.
When St.Sunday came back from the church she saw that her children were cleaned and happy and she was very pleased by the girl’s hard work.
 Thank you for your hard work, you have proved to me that you have a golden heart and now it is my time to honour you.”
When she had to leave, St. Sunday asked her to choose a chest from her attic. The old man’s daughter chose the smallest and ugliest chest.
I will take this one!” says the little girl.
Goodbye my dear!” answers the woman.
Coming back home she met the broken oven which was fixed now and was full of pies.
The oven told the girl:
Beautiful girl take these pies and you won’t be hungry anymore!”
The girl thanked the oven and moved on. On her way she met the fountain which was now cleaned and full of fresh water.
She told the girl:
Beautiful girl take these silver cups and drink from my fresh water and you won’t be thirsty anymore!”
The girl thanked to the fountain and moved on.
On her way she met the pear tree which now was full of pears .He told the girl:
 Beautiful girl take these pears you will be sweet as honey!
The girl thanked and moved on.
She was walking and walking till she met the dog who now was healthy.
She told the girl:
Beautiful girl take these golden coins, you won’t be poor anymore.”
          To her father’s surprise she came back home with a lot of treasures.


Green with envy the old woman’s daughter left home too, following the same path as the old man’s daughter in searching for her treasure.
On her way she met the same sick and wounded dog, the same sick pear tree, the same dried fountain and the broken oven.Asking for her help she answered:
How dare you? I will never be your slave just to be nice for you all!”
” You spoiled and lazy girl!”  the dog, he fountain, the pear and the oven replied being uspet.

Following the same  path as the old man’s daughter she arrived in the same place, meeting St. Sunday.
Who are you dear girl and what are you doing so far from home?”asks St Sunday.
„ My poor sister was here not long ago and she came home with a chest from you. I want it too!”tapping her feet the daughter answers.
„ As you wish!”
 As soon as St Sunday left she didn’t look after her children properly. Even if  St. Sunday wasn’t pleased at all by her work she still let her choose her payment. The old woman’s daughter chose the biggest and most beautiful chest from St. Sunday’s attic thinking it was full of money.
 On her way back she met again with the oven, the fountain, the pear and the dog, this time all of them being fixed and full of goodies.
„ Give me some pies! Give me water! Give me some pears! Give me the golden coins!”asks the daughter.

 But when she tried to take some pies she burned her hands, when she tried to drink water the fountain dried, when she tried to take some pears the pear tree rose in the sky, when she tried to take the coins the dog bit her.
„ For being lazy and proud this is what you deserve: to be hungry, thirsty, bitter and poor!”
When she arrived home her mother was so happy when she saw that her girl was able to bring her such a big chest thinking that it was full of golden coins.
When they opened the chest togehther with her mother dragons and wild fierced animals came out, the old woman and her daughter were swallowed.




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen